Contest Official Rules
NEWS ON 6 ULTIMATE FAN CONTEST
1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 21 years of age, who reside in NEWS ON 6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. (“DMA”) except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of NEWS ON 6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS ON 6 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. By submitting a photo and/or video, you are acknowledging you have read the complete set of rules and you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as set forth herein.
5. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
6. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS ON 6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner’s acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
7. “Contest Officials” designated by the management of NEWS ON 6 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
8. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
9. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
10. NEWS ON 6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
11. How to enter: Viewers should submit a photo of themselves with their favorite dish and the actual recipe to www.newson6.com/fan. One (1) winner will be selected by random number generator from all eligible photo entries. To be considered an eligible entry, each submitted photo must include, at the minimum, entrants name (first and last), email address and/or phone number. Viewers may submit as many photos as desired. However, each viewer is only allowed one (1) entry into the drawing for the prize. Viewer understands by submitting a photo to News On 6, he/she is authorizing News On 6 to show the photo on television, social media, online or any other way News On 6 deems necessary. A photo being shown on television does not constitute winning a prize. Only one (1) prize will be given away by random number generator from ALL photo/video entries received, whether shown on television or not.
12. ALL entries, by any form of submission as described herein, must include contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address. A minimum of a name and phone number or a name and email address are required. A photo submission that does not include the minimum contact information, will not be considered an "entry" into the contest, and therefore will be ineligible to win a prize.
13. Alternate form of Entry: mailing or delivering a photo of viewer with their completed dish and the recipe to NEWS ON 6-ULTIMATE FAN CONTEST, P.O. Box 6, Tulsa, OK 74101. Entries must include participant's name, age, address, daytime phone number, e-mail address, and name of contest. All entries must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 24, 2012.
14. If the prize winner cannot be notified within twenty-four (24) hours of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
15. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities’ sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner’s notification by NEWS ON 6 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
16. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a football watch party on February 3, 2013 starting at 5:00p.m. at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa, for the winner and a maximum of twenty-five additional guests. The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa will supply appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages. News On 6 will pay any additional costs not covered by Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa, including the tip, up to $350.00. By submitting a photo online to NewsOn6.com/Fan, you are granting News On 6 the right to use the photo on television, online, social media or any other way News On 6 deems appropriate.
17. Winner will be selected by random number generator and will be announced on air during the 6:00a.m. hour of Six in the Morning. Only one (1) prize will be given away by random number generator from ALL photo entries received, whether shown on television or not.
18. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by NEWS ON 6. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by NEWS ON 6 within ten (10) days of the winner’s notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS ON 6 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
19. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
20. Complete rules are available at NEWS ON 6 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at newson6.com.
21. This contest is sponsored by News On 6 and Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa.
Standard messaging, telephone and/or data charges apply per your carrier. Full terms and conditions are also available at NewsOn6.com/fan. This contest is in no way affiliated with Facebook.